Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replication SQL Server 2005 <-> SQL Server 2005 Express

Hi,
I'm Roby Eisenbraun Martins. I'm a C++, VB, C# developer.
I'm developing a new application that requires work off-line from the
database.
I'm trying to work with SQL server 2005 replication, copying the data to
a SQL Express database ( .mdf ), work off-line and then merge back into the
publisher database.
But It is not working.
Where can I find more articles about it?
Thank you,
Roby Eisenbraun Martins
What error message are you getting? There is no SQL Server Agent with SQL
Server Express. You have to run your sync through windows synchronization
manager or at scheduler (Task Scheduler).
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Roby Eisenbraun Martins" <RobyEisenbraunMartins@.discussions.microsoft.com >
wrote in message news:E6A10EA2-CEAE-4DB0-943D-99B76D287CE4@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I'm Roby Eisenbraun Martins. I'm a C++, VB, C# developer.
> I'm developing a new application that requires work off-line from the
> database.
> I'm trying to work with SQL server 2005 replication, copying the data
> to
> a SQL Express database ( .mdf ), work off-line and then merge back into
> the
> publisher database.
> But It is not working.
> Where can I find more articles about it?
> Thank you,
> Roby Eisenbraun Martins
>
|||Hi Hilary,
Thank you for your help.
I can create the publication but when I try to create a subscriber for
that publication from a SQL Express database It doesn't work. It returns with
an error message "Cannot find Server".
I tried creating the subscriber using the SQL Management studio but I
cann't select the SQLEXPRESS server as a subscriber.
How can I make a .mdf file as a subscriber for my publication?
Thank you,
Roby Eisenbraun Martins
"Hilary Cotter" wrote:

> What error message are you getting? There is no SQL Server Agent with SQL
> Server Express. You have to run your sync through windows synchronization
> manager or at scheduler (Task Scheduler).
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
> Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
> http://www.indexserverfaq.com
> "Roby Eisenbraun Martins" <RobyEisenbraunMartins@.discussions.microsoft.com >
> wrote in message news:E6A10EA2-CEAE-4DB0-943D-99B76D287CE4@.microsoft.com...
>
>
|||Here are a couple more items to check while trying to get your connectivity
to the remote SQL Express installation working...
By default SQL Server 2005 Express SKU will install with network protocols
disabled. If you want to use a tool external to your SQL Express
installation box to connect to it, then you need to enable the network
protocols. In the "SQL Server 2005" program folder from the start menu, you
should be able to find a "Configuration Tools" folder. In this folder launch
the "SQL Server Surface Area Configuration" tool. After connecting to the
SQL Express instance in the tool, look under "Database Services" and
configure the "Remote Connections option.
Another item to note is that by default in SQL Server 2005 Express SKU, the
default instance is SQLEXPRESS, not MSSQLSERVER. When you try to connect
remotely, you need to use the server name and instance name, i.e.
<ComputerName>\SQLEXPRESS
Tom
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Roby Eisenbraun Martins" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi Hilary,
> Thank you for your help.
> I can create the publication but when I try to create a subscriber for
> that publication from a SQL Express database It doesn't work. It returns with
> an error message "Cannot find Server".
> I tried creating the subscriber using the SQL Management studio but I
> cann't select the SQLEXPRESS server as a subscriber.
> How can I make a .mdf file as a subscriber for my publication?
> Thank you,
> Roby Eisenbraun Martins
> "Hilary Cotter" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment