Friday, March 30, 2012

Replication through VPN successful??

In the office network domain I've already setup replication between two SQL
Servers( SQL11Server & SQL22Server). Now I am extending replication with SQL
servers in other non-trusted domains/workgroups (SQL33Server & SQL44Server).
SQL33Server & SQL44Server are in non-trusted domains connecting to the
office via VPN. SQL33Server can ping SQL11Server.mydomain.local fine,
but it cannot ping just SQL11Server. Is this going to be a problem if it
pings the full DNS address?
When I started MAKEPIPE on SQL11Server, from SQL33Server I have to type
READPIPE /Ssql11server.mydomain.local for it to work. If I type READPIPE
/Ssql11Server it doesn't work..
Do I have a NETBIOS resolution problem ' Or what is the problem and how can
I successful established the connections through VPN? What the steps I
must take to established a successful VPN replication?use a host file for this.
For instance your host file should contain this entry
123.345.567.678 SQL11Server
replacing the numbers with your IP address for SQL11Server
If a netbios name has a . in it, the resolution will be using DNS. It should
like your name resolution service (probably WINS) can figure out where
SQL111Server is.
"Joe Mine" <huytuanattpgdotcomdotau> wrote in message
news:utbkWlm%23DHA.2664@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> In the office network domain I've already setup replication between two
SQL
> Servers( SQL11Server & SQL22Server). Now I am extending replication with
SQL
> servers in other non-trusted domains/workgroups (SQL33Server &
SQL44Server).
> SQL33Server & SQL44Server are in non-trusted domains connecting to the
> office via VPN. SQL33Server can ping SQL11Server.mydomain.local fine,
> but it cannot ping just SQL11Server. Is this going to be a problem if it
> pings the full DNS address?
> When I started MAKEPIPE on SQL11Server, from SQL33Server I have to type
> READPIPE /Ssql11server.mydomain.local for it to work. If I type
READPIPE
> /Ssql11Server it doesn't work..
> Do I have a NETBIOS resolution problem ' Or what is the problem and how
can
> I successful established the connections through VPN? What the steps I
> must take to established a successful VPN replication?
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment