Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replication Stopped

Hello! Hope everybody is doing OK.
I have a question. I don't know why replication suddlently stopped. In this
case how can I check what was the real problem.
I started synchronizing and it started but I still don't know what was the
cause.
Thank you in advance
Jennyfer
Marlene,
(btw I replied yesterday to your identical post )
I need a bit more info to try to help out:
What type of replication is being used?
When you right-click on the relevant replication agent what error message do
you get (if any)?
Is this the first synchronization (initialization)?
You might also want to use this link for detailedlogging: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312292
Regards,
Paul Ibison
|||Sorry, I sent the message twice by mistake.
The replication type is Merge. It's not the first synchronization because it
was working good. I didn't get any errors just the information was not
replicated and this problem never happened again.
Thanks so much
|||Marlene,
is the agent working continuously, or on a schedule? Did the agent stop? How
did you eventually get the data to synchronize - did you stop and start the
agent? If the agent never stopped during the problem, but there was a delay
in the commands being propagated then it might be because there were a lot
of other commands being sent down and with one agent the changes are
serialized. Also, I'd check to see if the changed rows are recorded in
MSmerge_contents and MSmerge_tombstone as it may be that your new data was
added using BULK INSERT without firing the replication triggers.
HTH,
Paul Ibison

No comments:

Post a Comment