Friday, March 30, 2012

Replication to SQL Server 2005 Express

Hello.
I have a SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition with a database. I want to make
a merge replication of that database to some machines with SQL Server 2005
Express Edition's installed. I have created a merge replication publishment
and if I make a local subscription on the SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
everything works great. But if I make a subscription on a SQL Server 2005
Express Edition which is in the same network with the publisher, the
databases do not synchronize (if I make a pull subscription I have an
'Uninitialized subscripition' warning in the Replication Monitor and if I
make a push subscription the status is 'Synchronizing' but my data is not
replicated).
I tried to do things like enabling remote access to the SQL Express server
and disabling the firewall on that machine, but it still doesn't work. What
should I do?
Thank you in advance,
Stefan Filip
Run profiler on the subscriber/express machine to find out where it is
getting stuck.
http://www.zetainteractive.com - Shift Happens!
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Stefan Filip" <StefanFilip@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2BA863F6-637D-4D0D-8AB2-8FB97EE8AD59@.microsoft.com...
> Hello.
> I have a SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition with a database. I want to
> make
> a merge replication of that database to some machines with SQL Server 2005
> Express Edition's installed. I have created a merge replication
> publishment
> and if I make a local subscription on the SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
> Edition
> everything works great. But if I make a subscription on a SQL Server 2005
> Express Edition which is in the same network with the publisher, the
> databases do not synchronize (if I make a pull subscription I have an
> 'Uninitialized subscripition' warning in the Replication Monitor and if I
> make a push subscription the status is 'Synchronizing' but my data is not
> replicated).
> I tried to do things like enabling remote access to the SQL Express server
> and disabling the firewall on that machine, but it still doesn't work.
> What
> should I do?
> Thank you in advance,
> Stefan Filip

No comments:

Post a Comment