Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replication Sync on Windows Vista

On windows XP there is a Synchronize program in Accessories. When I run our replication scripts on a SQL Server Express on the XP machine and start the Synchronize program there are items there that allow me to replicate as well as set a schedule, etc.

On Windows Vista there is a Sync Center, but replication doesn't show up here.

I've searched high and low on Google and am not coming up with anything useful, which leads me to believe this is something very simple that I'm overlooking...

Does anyone know how to make your replication show up on the Sync Center in vista, or is there another application that I should download?

Thanks,

Brian

I could be wrong, but I do not believe those are the same. I think Sync Manager in Vista is a built-in tool for synchronizing PDA's and thing like that. However, so I do not mis-speak, I am testing that now because we are also at the point of testing synchronization with Vista.

I will let you know what i find.

Scott

|||To add files to Sync Center, on the (Vista) machine you want to have the offline copy on, open explorer and navigate to the network share the original file or directory is on. Right-click and on the context menu select "Always Available Online." The SyncCenter icon will be superimposed on the icon to show it is being copied.

No comments:

Post a Comment