Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replication Table Permissions

Is there a way to replicate the table permissions from publisher to
subscriber? I noticed that when replication takes place, the permissions
that were set up on tables on the subscriber are wiped out. I need the permissions to be send to the subscriber automatically.I believe that is not part of the snapshot. However, you can script it and make it the post snapshot script.|||Can yoy give me the script or recommend a side with the script because that exactly what i am looking for and can't figure it out as is not discussed on microsoft help|||http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/replsql/replmon_9pwh.asp for reference.|||Satya, i don't see anything to do with permissions on the website you send me|||As per the BOL :
How to script replication (Enterprise Manager)
At the Publisher, open SQL Server Enterprise Manager, expand a server group, right-click the Replication folder, and then click Generate SQL Script.

Select the replication component to script (Distributor properties, publications and push subscriptions, or pull subscriptions) and whether you want the script to enable or create the components or disable or drop the components. .

HTH|||I am sorry about this Satya, but i can see only the logins granted for my publicatiom on my Publisher/Distributor, my question is how do you take those permissions automatically to the subsciber?

No comments:

Post a Comment