Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Replication Synchronization Error

I have a default full install of the JULY CTP on X86 Windows Server 2003 (fully up to date on the patches). I used the Merge Replication Sample to create the Publisher/Publication. SInce the code sample to create the subscriber doesn't work (apparently some major changes in the assemblies) I had to create the Subscription using the wizard. Both databases are on the same machine (adventureworks and adventureworksreplicated). When I try and sychronize the database the first time I get the following error.

Error loading custom assembly "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\COM\BusinessLogic.dll", Error : "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SQL Server\\100\\COM\\BusinessLogic.dll' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)".

I did confirm that the assembly is there, but do not know what else to look for. The account the synch is running under is the local Administrator (not a good idea I know but just want it to work).

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve Muise

Neudesic LLC

Two threads down is a workaround for what looks like might be your problem, can you give it a shot? If it doesn't work, then let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment